Sunday 14 October 2007

a toothbrush in every timezone

mirrors reflect thousands of photos.
mine reflects thousands of truths i'd rather keep hidden. dirty little secrets.
i'm a twisted goldilocks - sneaking around my own life like a criminal waiting to be caught.
i'm dorian grey, except my face is the painting, and it's twisting round every move i make. every breath i take.
i'm a skeleton structure of words and whispers of everything i've done and everything i haven't.
of course i'll take the blame, offload your sins onto my white shoulders, i can support the world.
believe everything you hear, it's always true.
stab in the cheek, kiss on the back.
tongues offering razorblade kisses and sure-fire misses.
every morning is spent yearning for every night. days blurr into years in the wink of an eye.

we're all just sharks and butterflies.
dangerous, but fragile.
vicious, but beautiful.

i'll rip out my heart and pin it to my sleeve
with a note that reads
"you mean oh-so-much to me".

i want to focus my eye on lovers and life - on success and ambition.
instead i'm blind to everything except beauty and aesthetics.
the vainest of Romantics.
i'd sell my soul for a second in the future, a polaroid that tells me this will all be worth it in the end.
a snap-shot of a true smile on a face i might just recognise from somewhere.
a mirror reflection that let's me know, someday, everything will be okay.