Friday 29 June 2007

build them up to cash in on breaking them down

BANG.

i would have taken the bullet for you, 'cept it was me pulling the trigger.
sorry. or not.
i wish i was.
these are just window pains. look closely and you'll see straight through me.
we wake up with the whole world at our feet. then we hunch over computer screens in the hope of breaking into something unbelieveable.
unforgettable.
hope and hype. one at a time please.
i've got a logbook full of candle wishes that never came true.
writing letters of complaint to addresses in ghost towns.
my head wrote this for revenge. my heart sealed it with a kiss.
read it like a crime scene report. or an autopsy.
can you remember how the vinyl feels?
i cut my heart out just to be sure that i had one.
we're whispering war poetry like love songs.
a decay of hope between guillotines and loving.

inside i'm laughing at you.
or at me.