Thursday 31 May 2007

"just a fond farewell to a friend who couldn't get things right"

dear you...

thanks. for nothin'. or everything. i'm not sure which.
the lipstick stains your teeth simultaneously with the lies staining your tongue.
but the latter can't be fixed for your reflection.
i know. i've tried to fix myself too many times before.

believe in me, 'cause i don't believe in anything. or anyone.
so i guess this is goodbye.
or just goodnight.
we'll find out in the morning.

this isn't a bruise. it's just the colour of my heart showing through.
black from thoughts of me and you.
some days i just want to get up and run.
not to anywhere, and not from anywhere.
just because i can.
to feel the wind in my hair and the burn of the tarmac on my feet.
to feel the bite of reality.
sink your teeth into me. i hope my taste stays with you forever.

let me go. for the last time.
there's nothing between us anymore. except air.
well, that's what i keep telling you.
and that's what i'll always tell you.
because the road i'm on doesn't have room for two.

so again, goodbye.
or goodnight.

we'll find out in the morning.

love, but not quite,

me xx