Saturday 26 May 2007

"would you like to hear something strange?"

my heart's buzzing on this high from you.
or maybe i'm just in love with the idea of adoring someone other than myself.
i try to calm these shakes under my skin but my head won't let me.
douse these flames and put me out.
put this off until we're older/wiser/prettier.
or none of the above.

and she lets herself get so close she can almost touch it.
but it turns to dust beneath her fingertips.
like everything. slipping. the record's skipping revealing the truth.
lip synching along to the rhythm of l-l-life.

everybody scream, do you know what i mean?

who will catch me when i fall, fall, fall?
it's inevitable.

she's not wearing this choker literally, just for the attention.
did i forget to mention?
blink and you've missed it.
kiss me back to life.

your lips are cold on mine.